The German Division is participating in the GCA program (Guest Controller Approval), which is in accordance with R&R 5.1.7. Any user, not being a member of the German Division, who wants to control a FRA restricted position in Germany, has to appy for a prior approval from the DE-TC, DE-TAC or DE-HQ.
If you are a user, registered in another division, and you are willing to staff German ATC facilities, you should accomplish the following requirements:
- Hold at least an APC – Approach Controller rating
- Be able to provide service, both in German (using “AIP GEN 3.4: Communication Services” for german VFR traffic) and English (using standard European phraseology).
- Knowledge of divisional an local ATC procedures, published in ATC and FIR webpages, respectively.
- Demonstrate a good knowledge in airpsace structure an area of responsibility of the facility you want to control.
- No division change from the German Division to another one in the last 12 months*
- No GCA request in the last 6 months*.
- Show a good behaviour according to IVAO Rules & Regulations and philosophy.
- Hold a maximum of two other GCAs in different divisions.
As a general requirement all applicants must hold at least the equivalent rating for the position they are applying for. This ensures that you already have the required knowledge to offer a good service in our division. From the list below you can see which position you could be allowed to staff with your rating:
*Under some circumstances, TC/TAC or the division HQ may issue a GCA even if the requirements marked with a star (“*”) are not accomplished.
You can apply for a GCA by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once the request has been recieved you will be contacted by an examiner of the German Training Department. If you fulfill all requirements listed above, a date will be determined to perform a proficiency check in an ATC facility of your choice. This is not an exam, but just a normal control session, where your general performance, skills and phraseology will be observed.
After the proficiency check, the examiner will send you an email regarding your GCA approval.
- If you are granted for the GCA, it will be shown in you profile.
- If you are not granted for the GCA, the examiner will tell you the reason and you will be able to request it again after 6 months.
Keeping your GCA
Your GCA will be revoked unless you fulfill the following requirements :
- Control any German ATC facility for at least 30 hours every 6 months
- Do not get a IVAO suspension while having the GCA
- Make a good use of the GCA: do not violate IVAO Rules & Regulations, provide a quality service according to divisional and local procedures
- You are only allowed to control on the position you were checked during the GCA-Check. For each additional sector, a new checkout is required
Nevertheless, TC/TAC or the Division HQ are allowed to revoke you GCA anytime justifiably.